Know a neighbor who wants to receive Harris Park emails? Fill out this online form to sign up for our list!
HPNA Meeting – January 10, 2022
- Since our last meeting, there was only 1 vehicle burglary and 2 residential burglaries reported.
- Overall, things have been quiet and there are no major concerns to report.
- As always, here are your resources (and make sure to use them so all incidents are documented!)
- Emergency: 911
- Patrol (non-emergency): 727-893-7780
- Community service (needs attention/documentation, but not urgent): 727-551-3182
- For the latest crime information, check out the stat map on police.stpete.org.
2022 Officer/Board Elections Results:
- President – Jessica Salmond
- Vice President – Judy Landon
- Treasurer – Chase Wilsey
- Secretary – Jessica Small
- 2022 Board –
- Beth Cooke
- David Holler
- Katie Vann
- We have a new website, created by Jessica Salmond. If you have ideas for the website content, let her know! The link to the website is harrisparkstpete.com
- February Neighborhood Cleanup Event:
- We are planning a neighborhood clean up for February 19, 2022. Jessica Salmond will work with Keep Pinellas Beautiful to coordinate supplies, waivers, etc.
- We plan to put up signs to advertise, if possible.
- More details will be sent out via email and Facebook.
- Spring Fling Event:
- We are planning to bring back the Spring Fling event on April 2, 2022 from 12:00 noon – 4:00pm
- We anticipate participation from SPPD K9 unit, the fire department, and more.
- We would like to include additional organizations like Kiwanis, Get Fit St. Pete, and youth-focused social service providers.
- To-Do Items: reserve pavilion/tables through parks department (Judy), secure mini-grant and coordinate with Susan Ajoc for Parks Dept. permit (Jessica Salmond), coordinate kids vs parents activity such as kickball or volleyball to generate interest (Jessica Riva)
- Additional topics of discussion:
- Driveway/ porch party to meet our neighbors
- Gadgets for Good
- Healthy St. Pete Fitness Classes in the Park – neighborhood wellness champion opportunity (Jessica Small to coordinate)
- CareFest in March – could organize another clean up, donation drive, or other neighborhood project
- October ‘boo’ game for the kids
- Movie in the Park – would need permit and park staff (using electricity) – could be a mini-grant opportunity. Touch base with Magnolia Heights Neighborhood Assoc. for advice. (Jessica Salmond to coordinate)
- City Guide/Directory (Susan Ajoc to look into exisiting resources and coordinate with Jessica Salmond)
- City Council District 4 Update – Invite Council Member Hanewicz to our next meeting to introduce (Jessica Salmond to reach out)
- Letter of approval must be updated if it does not specify logo usage
- Jessica Salmond and Jessica Small to work on artist quotes and grant plan
- Reach out to Kiwanis organization to see if they would like to be involved in project, contribute, etc.
Upcoming 2022 Meetings:
- Monday, March 14, 2022, 7 p.m.
- Monday, May 9, 2022, 7 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 12, 2022, 7 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 14, 2022, 7 p.m.